Wednesday, 24 August 2016

Brushos and flowers

OLS-Art (Jackson Pollock -ish )
I love Brushos - no 2 cards are ever the same -I sprinkled brusho powders and then dropped water on to the card .Once the card was dry I stamped this Penny Black flowers - I then used some brushos to paint the inside of the flowers .I am thinking of entering the One -Layer-Simplicity challenge - where the theme is art - So is this art - I am working on the theory that this is a wee bit (Paul)Jackson Pollock-ish (abstract expressionist artist) and I went with the colour and watercolour theme of Susan Raihala (Design team) example card
http://onelayersimplicitychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/ols30-august-art.html
I won this badge for the above card so excited and shocked -Its the little things that keep you going .Thank you so much OLS challenge

6 comments:

  1. Definitely art and definitely wonderful!!! I've not played around with brushos, but between you and Karen D, I'm weakening in my resolve to resist. This is lovely...both in its use of color and of white space. The movement of the design is delightful as well! Thanks for sharing it with the One-Layer Simplicity challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thank you so much for this lovely comment - you must get some brusho's they are amazing to play with - messy but fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - I love the rich colours you get with brushos, and you've used just the right amount. I often use too much and get in a mess...

    I love that Penny Black stamp. Do you know what it's called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jenny its called Enamour or Enamor by penny black - its lovely clear stamps

      Delete
  4. I've been having a lovely time checking out your cards! You have a ton of talent! I was thinking, wow, this is a winner when I saw it and as I scrolled down I saw that it WAS!! Well-deserved congratulations, Debbie!! I'm only just doing a bit of Brusho art and have to say I love it! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping by from Darnell's blog, and this caught my eye. Just stunning. LOVE the colour and the brilliant design. x

    ReplyDelete